I’m not very original, but I like clarity.
Here are a bunch of goals I have for my life with some sparkling commentary on my progress so far.
1. Have a baby (We have almost a year of failure under our belts on this one. .
2. See the northern lights (one would think that a girl from NE Wisconsin would have this down)
3. Go on a cruise.
4. Get published (technically, I have been published for a paper I wrote for a conference, but I’ll not count that here
5. Instruct a spin class (I had my chance to us once,and I chickened out. I still regret it)
6. Foster a dog
7. Take a wine class
8. Start a rose garden and keep it alive.
9. Hit the 5 gallon mark for giving blood.
10. Make a quilt for charity. (this is a cop out. I’m working on one right now.)
11. Get another masters.
12. See a bowl game.
13. Go to Mile High Stadium
14. Run a mud run
15. Hike half dome
Oh hell. This is hard. I’d like to include run a marathon (did it in 2008), live in a major US city (Philadelphia in 2002), marry my favorite person(2010), go rafting on class iv rapids (2005), camp on the side of the road (2005), live with a lake view (2001), have a really, really kick ass job (1995 – present)
Well, here are my small summer goals (and by summer, I mean July)
1. Do 50 pushups every day in July
2. Make it to the gym/run 5 days a week
3. Read the devotional e-mail I get every day.
4. Plan something for our anniversary.
5. Not avoid my phone.
Number 5 is a big one. I’ve been avoiding my phone most of the month because I just don’t want to face people asking for my help. I’m so burned out on working with brides, but I find it hard to say no. I’m off work for the next month, and it seems stupid to not take advantage of making easy cash.
Let the internal conflict continue. At least I have a starting place–more goals to come.