Who could forget the utter joy of Carousel? It’s June! In Maine! (And let us delicately ignore the themes of domestic violence. I hate myself for agreeing with Richard Rodgers–it’s my favorite R&H musical too.)
This enforce runs through my head every June. It’s a really exciting month for me–it starts the 2 month hiatus from my 8-5 job (aka, kicks off ladies who lunch season.)
First, a recap of last month.
good great stuff of May:
1. Fabulous and fun time running a half marathon with my runner girls.
2. Lots of spin subbing and few great playlists under my belt.
3. I GOT MY OWN CLASS!!! Every Saturday at 7:00 head out to the gym and I’ll kick your butt (or at least make you sweat (which auto correct just listed as swear–lol).
4. We painted the house!!! Old color on the right, new dark blue gray on the left. It looks divine.
Onto June goals.
1. More strength training. I went to an ab focused boot camp this am, and am appalled how far I’ve fallen. Run for 13ish miles? Sure. Two hours of spin? Bring it on. One minute of side plank dips or v-ups? OMG. Torture.
2. Finish getting my paperwork filed, and get some business cards with 100% correct info. Feel appropriately lame until I do.
3. Clean out my closet. There are some serious de-cluttering Goodwill trips in my future.
4. 60 minutes of yoga per week. Whether it’s an hour long class or three twenty minute sessions, I need to get to it!
5. Make one spinning playlist a week.
6. Participate and kick ass on this plank challenge.
That’s all to kick off week one of summer vacation–a very, very hot kickoff to summer. Tomorrow this one will get shorn:
And I’ll show you what happened to these innocent little plants:
Spoiler alert–it’s pretty leafy back there in the garden area.
What are your big summer goals? Let’s hear ’em!!!