What!?!? Summer is over?!?!? What on earth did I do?
I certainly didn’t keep up my blog.
Here are some of the highlights:
1. I subbed a ton of spinning classes this summer, and was given 2 regular classes! So every Saturday morning and Wednesday night, I’ll be at the gym to kick some ass.
2. Our garden exploded with tomatoes.
3. Camping for the fourth! Beautiful weekend in the mountains!
4. So much running with my girls–so thankful for all the fun and the friendship, especially in the last few weeks. Another highlight–one of my runner girls has been training for the Nike Women’s Marathon in October with Team in Training, and I’ve been happily helping her with some of her fundraising efforts.
5. Three whole married years with my favorite person! Love you babe!
6. This is the first summer since I was 20 that I did ZERO traveling. On one hand, I’ve been so exhausted over the past year traveling to see family seemed like the most insurmountable hurdle. Call it intuition or what have you, but it seemed very important for me to stay low and close to home this summer. I am thankful I did, but could not have imagined the reason my intuition was right.
We found out almost a month ago that my husband has colon cancer. Surgery day has come and gone, and we are waiting waiting waiting to find out the next step. My emotions have been all over the place, and I am happy to find solace in my time at the gym and my running therapy session with my runner girls.
7. Holy crap, wedding season is upon us. ::big breath in:: Here we go.
I’ll exhale in November.