I love teaching two classes in a row. I can plan classes down to a T, but sometime during minute 75-80 out of 120 I want to throw the whole plan out the window and tweak it into something more creative.
Last Saturday was no exception. After an hour of my Hill, Hill, Tabata list, I was ready to tackle the HIIT list I had for class #2–but with some modifications to keep it interesting. Instead of traditional HIIT sets, I changed it up to include a hill loop for the first round and a ladder for the second. That ladder proved to be an ass kicker, and those who were in the class LOVED it.
Here’s the playlist and profile. The gears are a suggestion on a Keiser M3 bike, where 12-14 is a middle of the road gear (flat road, 70 rpm, feels like the wind is pushing back–aka, a 5 on a 1 – 10 scale). Hope you like it!
- It’s Time by Imagine Dragons
- Wild Wild Love by Pitbull
Standing Hill finished with a run
- I Gotta Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas
Hill Loop–1 minute standing hill at medium hard resistance; 1 minute seated with the same resistance–fight to keep those RPMS up!; 1 minute recovery = 3 rounds at 3 minutes each
- Womanizer by Britney Spears
- In The End by the Black Veil Brides
- Turbulence by Laidback Luke, Lil John & Steve Aoki
HILL: Climb during songs 1 and 2 (mix of standing and seated), bring it down with jumps on song 3
- Yeah! (Featuring Lil’ John and Ludacris) by Usher
- Wide Awake by Katy Perry
- Price Tag by Jessie J
Interval ladder–1 minute on, 45 seconds off. Start at gear 14 (medium-medium/heavy), add one gear each round
- Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon
- I Like It (featuring Pitbull) by Enrique Inglesias
- Shake It by Metro Station
- Outside (Featuring Ellie Goulding) by Calvin Harris
Small hill to finish it off
- Turn Down for What by Dj. Snake and Lil John
- We Can’t Stop by Miley Cyrus
- Cheerleader by Omi
This last set was SO TOUGH. I loved it, it kept everything interesting, and am absolutely doing the same playlist for class on Wednesday.
Hope your day is SPINCREDIBLE!!!
And my puppy says hello.