I feel like I get into such a rut with my profiles. WILL THE CLASS NOTICE WE DID THIS SETUP 6 WEEKS AGO?
Here is one of my newest profiles. Not one, but 4 tabatas balanced out by hills/recovery. As always, a tabata is 20 seconds all out effort, 10 second recovery x 8. The tabatas were all a bit different, incorporating ladders, mixing up standing/seated, etc. I teach on Keiser M3s, so the gears are just a suggestion. There are not a lot of formal recoveries in this list, so encourage riders to take some extra time jumping in on the hills and to listen to his or her body.
This profile is solid. It is easy to lead a group through, because it repeats the themes so evenly and people know what to expect. It was a great workout (my legs were trashed after I did a test run on it)—but do I love this one? Nah—or, at least, I love it once every 9 weeks or so.
Any feedback is always welcome!
- Warm up
Jump Around House of Pain
Gangham Style PSY
- Stand and Run, increasing every 30 seconds
Bad Romance Lady Gaga
- Seated climb, burst of speed on chorus
Harder to Breathe Maroon 5
- Tabata 1—Seated or standing (rider’s choice!), moderate to heavy gear (14 – 16)
Take Me to Church (144 BPM Workout Remix) Karma
- Hill—2 songs long, increase gear gradually keeping RPMs above 60
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark Fall Out Boy
- Tabata 2—Alternate seated and standing, moderate to heavy gear (14 – 16)
Want to Want Me (Workout Mix) Dynamix Music
- Hill—2 songs, moderate gear and fast legs
You Give Love A Bad Name Bon Jovi
Hard (feat. Jezzy) Rhianna
- Flat Road/Active Recovery
You Make Me Feel (feat. Sabi) Cobra Starship
- Tabata 3—Start at Medium gear (12/13), increase 1 gear every other round
Shut up and Dance (Workout Mix) Dynamix Music
- Small, quick hill
- Tabata 4—Start with gear at 16, drop one gear every other round
Rock that Body Black Eyed Peas
Someday, Someway Marshal Crenshaw
- Cool Down
Marvin Gaye (feat. Meghan Trainor) Charlie Puth
Have a SPINTACULAR week!