It’s TONY’S Week!!
It’s no secret I love theatre and the magic of the stage–or, more accurately, the magic of being backstage as I’ve been designing and creating costumes in for both professional or acedemic theatres for the last 15 years. So the Tony Awards (this SUNDAY!!) are worth a special spin class playlist.
Warm up 1
- Good Morning Baltimore Hairspray
- The Schuyler Sisters Hamilton
Speed up on the Chorus.
- Everybody Talks Neon Trees
- Centuries Fall Out Boy
Speed pickups (start at 70 RPMs, add 5 RPM up to 90 x 2).
- I Love It (Workout Mix) Girl Bop
- You and Me (But Mostly Me) Book of Mormon
Hill ladder (Add one gear every 60 seconds, starting with intervals of 15 seconds speed burst out of the saddle, 45 seated,transition to 45 up/15 seated)
- I Need Your Love Calvin Harris
- Work Work Britney Spears
- Mama Mia Mama Mia
- Hey Soul Sister Train
- Here’s to Never Growing Up Avril Levine
- E.T. Katy Perry
If there’s time! One more song of speed pickups
- Can’t Feel My Face (Workout Mix) Dynamix Music
- Seasons of Love Rent
It was a nice way to mix it up, especially on a week where I managed to lead four classes in a span of 36 hours AND kick some ass in the #rwrunstreak.
Burrito time is right!
Do you have any show tune favorites? Please share them and have a great weekend!!!